Is This Career for You?December 16, 2021 There are many questions to ask yourself when you are exploring careers. Here are a few:
- Where do I want to live? Are there jobs in my career field there?
- What matters most to me? Having fun, working with my hands, working with others, getting paid well, or some combination of these and other?
- Would I like to work outdoors?
- Do I have any specific skills or talents that I could apply to a job?
- Am I artistic?
- Do I like working with numbers?
To help guide your career exploration, consider taking a career assessment test. These tests are fun and easy. They ask you about your likes, your dislikes, and questions similar to those above. You can find them on the Oregon Career Information System’s website (oregoncis.uoregon.edu) or ask your career counselor about them. Be sure to talk with your counselor after you take an assessment so they can help you interpret the results.