Looking for Work? Look to WorkSource OregonNovember 21, 2016 Looking for work can be intimidating. Where do you start? Classified ads? Online ads? Job boards?
There is a free service available where professionals walk you through every step of the way to ensure your success in finding the job that best suits you.
So, what is WorkSource Oregon?
WorkSource Oregon is a partnership of state and local agencies and organizations that offer personalized services to help you with job and career information. Whether you are looking for your first job, your next job, or you want to explore career options, the professionals at WorkSource Oregon can help.
Here are a few of the services WorkSource Oregon offers:
- Assessment of your skills and interests.
- Training to help you become more marketable.
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) to highlight your skills and stand out to employers.
- Information on careers, occupations, wages, jobs, and educational options.
- Information about programs, community resources, and events.
- Information about the hidden job market and networking with employers to uncover opportunities for job shadowing, informational interviews, or apprenticeships.