Money for Education if You Are a Child or Spouse of a Veteran

January 15, 2021

Children and spouses of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition, or who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition, may be eligible to receive money for school or job training.

There are two programs offering education assistance to survivors and dependents of veterans:

The Fry Scholarship is available for children and spouses of Service members who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001. For more information, go to  
The Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) Program offers up to 45 months of education benefits for degree and certificate programs, apprenticeship and on-the-job training. For more information, visit

In addition, spouses of currently deployed or recently returned veterans can receive job search assistance from Local Veteran Employment Representatives and Disabled Veteran Outreach specialists. Get started by visiting and clicking on “Veterans.”

Source: United States Department of Veteran’s Affairs and WorkSource Oregon Employment Department.

Our Latest Articles Our Latest Articles

Latest Items